"Record of the Brewer Cemetery, Farmingdale, New Jersey," compiled by Constance Cornwell, is a typescript dated about 1946, and can be found at the New Jersey State Library. A photocopy of this typescript was included in the William B. Bogardus Collection, and a scanned PDF is now up online.
Record of the Brewer Cemetery - Farmingdale, New Jersey
The burials that are found in this cemetery are primarily from the 19th century, but it is apparent that the property was originally the family burial grounds of the family of Adam Brewer (1696-1768/69) of "Squancome, Shrewsbury Township." Adam Brewer, in his will dated 22 August 1768, sets aside one acre to be reserved for a burying ground.
Google Maps places the Brewer cemetery in Howell Township (which is incorrect, the cemetery is physically in the Borough of Farmingdale). It is located on Lakewood-Farmingdale Rd. (Rte 524). Howell Township was created out of Shrewsbury Township in 1801. In 1903 the Borough of Farmingdale was formed out of Howell Township.
A map of Monmouth County, New Jersey from the 1770s (exact date unknown) is online courtesy of Rutgers Special Collections and Archives. This map has few details, but Shark River is labeled along the right side of the map (enlarge the image to see this). On the modern Google map (pan out) it can be seen that the Brewer cemetery is about five miles directly west of Shark River. Although a scale is not included on the 1770s map, it appears probable that the cemetery might be in the general location of what is marked as "Squancom Bridge."
The cemetery transcriptions include numerous surnames other than BREWER. Some are related to the Brewers by marriage. Of the Brewers, the oldest burials are of John E. Brewer (1754-1837), his wife, Constant (Hulet), and George Brewer (1770-1851). John E. Brewer and George Brewer were brothers, sons of Elazerus Brewer and Francis Morris. The few other Brewer burials are members of their families. This group of Brewers are descendants of Adam Brouwer of Gowanus, Long Island.