Members of the Brewer DNA Project who have taken the Big-Y test and have had analysis done by YFull have been placed on the Experimental YTree in the following locations (follow the links):
- Descendants of Jan Brouwer, of Flatlands, L.I., defined as haplogroup I-Y7214. [Four descendants have been tested and analyzed].
- Descendant of Adam Brouwer, of Gowanus, L.I., defined as haplogroup E-V13. [To date only one descendant (id:YF03732) has taken the Big-Y test. We hope for others to take the test so that this haplogroup may be further refined].
- Descendants of George Brewer, of Brunswick Co., VA, defined as haplogroup I-Y15031. [Four descendants have been tested and analyzed].
- Descendant of Ambrose Brewer, of Moore Co., NC and Hawkins Co., TN, defined as haplogroup R-DF13. [To date only one descendant (id:YF03733) has taken the Big-Y test. We hope that other descendants will follow].
- Brewer Family originating in Gloucestershire, England ca. late 15th century, defined as haplogroup I-Y15575. [We currently have only one member of this family who has tested on any level with FamilyTreeDNA (id:YF03562). In other words, the tested individual does not match any other tested individual with the surname BREWER. We hope that others will be found who are interested and willing to join the project].
We would ask any of the other members of the Brewer DNA Project, who have already taken the Big-Y test, who have not yet submitted their data files to YFull for analysis and placement on the Experimental Y-Tree, to consider doing so. If you have any questions you can contact either of the administrators of the Brewer DNA Project (either Richard Brewer or myself) using the e-mail links found on the Brewer DNA Project's main page. In addition, we would ask other members of the Project, who have previously taken the Y-DNA tests that identify STR values, to consider taking the Big-Y test and to follow through with analysis at YFull.
*For more on the Big-Y test you are referred to some of the links found on the Genetic Genealogy Page.
**As of this writing YFull charges $49 for access to their results, billed after the analysis is completed. For a bit more on YFull please see Richard Brewer's, "An Application of FTDNA's Big-Y Test to Our Brewer DNA Project," pages 14-19.
This post as a PDF