Organized in 1699, the First Reformed Church of Raritan, now in Somerville, New Jersey, was the first Reformed Dutch Church established in the Raritan Valley region. Beginning in the 1690s and through the first two decades of the 1700s, many families with roots in Kings County, Long Island, made the move to the Raritan area.
The baptism records for the church were published in the Somerset County Historical Quarterly beginning with volume 2, issue no. 1 in 1913. The first installment opens with a history of the church and his followed by the baptismal register beginning in the year 1699. Issue nos. 2, 3 and 4 of SCHQ volume 2 continue the records until May 27, 1744. A PDF of the scanned pages is now available online.
Raritan Baptisms (1699-1744), SCHQ v.2, 1913